I was nominated by the wonderful Marina from @Books Of Magic for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I cannot thank her enough and I cannot begin to express my gratitude for having found such a lovely, supporting book community that brightens up each and every day. I was extremely hesitant to create a blog. I thought that writing reviews on Goodreads was already a big step due to my introverted nature but I didn’t know that the society the book bloggers have created is a place of peace and understanding. Of meaningful discussions and beautiful bookish inspirations. So, a huge thank you to all of you who communicate your love for reading with us, making this troubled world a better place…
Marina, millions and millions of thanks!!!!
The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- Display the rules and the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
These are Marina’s questions:
- Name a fictional food/drink you’d love to try.
I will have to go with crepes Suzette filled with grapes, strawberries, chocolate and red wine. This is the most recent culinary invention of my niece and when she becomes an internationally renowned Chef the crowds will gather in her restaurant….I don’t know whether they’ll be able to leave it, though…
2.Do you like animated movies? Which ones are your favorite?
I wasn’t into animated movies when I was a child but since I started working as a teacher, the little ones lured me into their world and I’ve practically watched every popular animated movie in the last ten years. My favourites are the ”Despicable Me” and ”Hotel Transylvania” franchises.
3.Who is your favorite villain and why? (book/movie/TV/etc.)
Cersei Lannister, hands down. Swag, intelligence and I don’t like the Starks, sorry.
4.Do you like to read one specific genre, or do you mix it up?
I am a History buff so I swear by Historical Fiction but these last two years I tried my luck with Contemporary Fiction, Magical Realism, Literary Fiction and Short Stories and I wasn’t disappointed. Science Fiction and Romance, though, are out of the question.
5. Name 1-3 magical (or not) items from a book, which you’d love to own in real life.
- Lightbringer, the sword of Azor Ahai.
- Galadriel’s Mirror
- The Palantír
6. What is your favorite fantasy movie?
I don’t watch Fantasy movies, so I’ll choose the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Oh, ”The Hobbit” movies were excellent as well. Especially Luke Evans….
(I mean, come on…)
7. What is the most annoying habit you have?
How much time do you have? No really, this could have been a blog post by itself. I wouldn’t call it a habit but my temper is rather bad. I have a short fuse and I can get angry extremely easily when I am faced with rudeness, injustice and stupidity. Also, I am really, really bad when I attend basketball games. A downpour of invented (and innovative, I have to blow my own trumpet here:) ) swearing once caused my friends to warn me that they would never watch another match with me….I have matured a bit over the last three years but basketball still remains a great love of mine. Feast your eyes with the artistry of this beautiful sport by the MASTER of the Art.
8. Name one country, one city and one historical site you’d love to visit before you die.
All options are gathered in one place. That would definitely be Norway. I would love to visit Bergen and Hafrsfjord.
The memorial placed in the Hafrsfjord suburb near the city of Stavanger. It represents the final victory of Harald I in his fight to become the king of the country.
The beautiful city of Bergen
9. What is your favorite fictional animal? (from a book/movie/mythology/etc.)
I’ve always loved Cerberus, does it count as an animal?
10. Which do you prefer: seaside, mountains, countryside or forests?
This one is a no-brainer for me. Definitely mountains and forests. And some peace and quiet. Immense amounts of quiet…
11. Tell us….your most embarrassing moment.
Luckily, my life has been extremely uneventful in this department so far but last month my brains decided to go on vacation. So my senior class was writing a test and good old genius me realized I had forgotten the folder with the tests in the Tube…Needless to say, the kids weren’t too miserable about it:)
Bonus trick question (optional): Gandalf vs Dumbledore. Who wins?
Merlin! (I cheated…)
Needless to say, you don’t have to join in if you don’t want to. As Marina said, this is all about the common passion of ours: reading. And one of the ways to stress the support, companionship and creativity of the beautiful book blogging community.
1.Marina @Books of Magic because I can’t get enough of her posts:))
2. Lady Orangutan @The Orangutan Librarian
3. Grainne @Darkly Whimsical Reader
4. Frankie @Freed By Fiction
5. Lauren @Books Beyond the Story
6. Berit @ Audio Killed the Bookmark
7. Paula @Book Jotter
8. Melisa @The Book Collective
9. Callum @Callum McLaughlin
10. Ashley @Thrifty Bibliophile
11. Evgnossia @Through the Chapters
Now, I am the most unoriginal person when it comes to creative questions, therefore some of these may seem familiar. I take full responsibility for my boring inquisition.
1. Imagine you could have your favourite literary character as a roommate for a week. Who would that be and why?
2.Basketball or football?
3. Winter Olympics or Summer Olympics?
4.What is your favourite winter sport? (Do you see the pattern here:)
5. If you could erase any character from your favourite book who would that be and why?
6. You won a first-class ticket to the newest time-machine. What is the era of your choice?
7. What is your favourite book-to-film adaptation?
8. Which ancient mythology is your favourite? Why?
9. Fairy Tales or Folk Tales?
10. Storyline or characters? Which one do you consider vital in a book?
11. Haunted houses or haunted forests?
Bonus question for the Westeros lovers: Who should win the Iron Throne?
Once again, a multitude of thanks to Marina for the nomination! I cannot wait to read all your answers:)